Important info for the day of the march
The SDPD is securing and protecting our event. SDWM also has it’s own team of peace-keepers. We ask people to come in peace and to keep the peace. If anything feel unsafe please find a volunteer (wearing navy t-shirts that say “ volunteer” on the back), a security/peace-keeper with a green vest on or a police officer.
- Parking by CCP is mostly garage and lot parking; and very limited street parking
- All parking is first/come first/serve
- Parking by County Admin Bldg is mostly street parking
- Strategy for parking: arrive early, and park near CCP or County Admin Bldg (keep in mind you will have to walk back to your parking location)
- Carpooling and/or public transit is strongly recommended
- There are very few public restrooms near CCP or County Admin Bldg – plan accordingly!
- Possible option: purchase snack to use nearby restaurant restrooms along the route
- Amtrak and the coaster are running
- Trolley: stations close to start and end of the march (strongly recommended)
- Bus: major station on Broadway (middle of march)
- Cab/Uber/ Lyft: all good options
- best drop off/pick up locations:
CCP (start): “A” street between 1st and 3rd
County Admin Bldg (end): Pacific Highway (on the east side of the waterfront park)
information for people with disabilities/mobility challenges:
- Bring your placard
- Come early for street parking and park near preferred location (CCP or County Admin Bldg)
- Downtown garages do not provide any free parking
- If you cannot march, know there are speakers at the beginning and end of the march – assemble at your preferred location to hear the presentations* and participate in the activities
- There are very few accessible public restrooms available – plan accordingly!
- There is limited seating available at the start of the march; no seating is available at the County Admin Bldg.
- ASL interpreters will be available at both the start and end of the march
- Comfortable walking shoes/hat/drinking water
- Weather: expect rain – the march will be held rain or shine! We recommend ponchos instead of umbrellas
- Please do not bring pets to the march unless they are service animals
- Women’s March t-shirts (from any source) are encouraged
- Signs are welcome!
Expect media throughout the march
- If you prefer not to be in a picture or video, step away from the filming area
- If you prefer not to speak to a reporter, simply say no comment
Women’s march attendees
- Everyone is welcome at the march – women, men and children